Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Mullets Gone Wild
Wow. That says it all in one word- WOW. I have never been so impressed by such a plethora of mullets as I am in Santiago. Who would´ve thought that this would be the mullet capital of the world? Words cannot do justice to what I am seeing here, but I will try.

I think that 30% of the male population here has a mullet. Some are long, some are short, some have curly hair, some are straight. One of the best ones that was spotted was with dredlocks. Yes, a dredlock mullet. And today, there was this kid (about my age) and up front, it was about two inches long, in the back about four or five inches, and in the middle of it was a braid about six inches. Oh, and that isn´t all- the braid had bells in it. Yes, bells. You know- the kind that make noise when they jingle. His hair jingled.

I have seen some mullets with color, too. Bleach blonde and bright red are the most popular. Braids are common, yet so are long, curly curls.
But greasiness is a must-have.

I think I will have to spend a whole day taking pictures of mullets and post them online just to show you that I am not making this up.