Monday, March 15, 2004

My Place

So I moved in and am getting settled. I have to buy a bedspread and sheets, but other than that, the place is furnished. Oh, and a shower curtain. But I am having fun shopping around. Santiago has some great department stores with anything and everything that you could possibly want. It isn´t like third-world dirt road- it is a huge city with millions of people and millions of choices. Not a bad place to be, except for the smog of course.

Homework
I have about thirty pages of homework to read. I tried to start, but it is super heavy. I need a better dictionary but am too cheap to buy a good one, because they are like fifty bucks. There is a library by my house- maybe I should go study there. They have to have a good dictionary.

Mapuche
Mapuche is the indigenous culture in Chile. I just bought a book on their spiritual beliefs, which seem very interesting, although I have only leafed through the book. When I know a little more, I will share with you.

First Community Project
I am planning on going with a club from school to build houses in the south. It will be the last weekend in March. I am not sure which pueblo, but I know it is a pretty big event. There are usually about 400 students (from my college only) that go and are split up among four or five towns. It should be a great activity. I´ll keep you updated on that too.