Friday, April 23, 2004

Santiago After Rain

Santiago is a beautiful city after it rains. There is no smog for about a day and you can actually see the snow-capped Andes Mountains. Usually, I forget that they are even there because they are never in view. I will have to remember to bring my camara to school one day after the next rainy period because there is a great view of the mountains from the entrance of my school.

Volunteer Project

I have a meeting today with this guy who goes to school with my friend Adrien about a volunteer project teaching computer skills to adults in the poorer neighborhoods of Santiago. I will probably start next week, and I think it will require about four or five hours every week.

Rotary

There is a district conference this weekend and hopefully I will actually get to meet my host counselor.