Tuesday, September 14, 2004

It´s my blog and I´ll cry if I want to!

Hmmm.... I think that in the past few weeks, I have kind of strayed from the original point of this blog which was to "share my experiences from my point of view- that of a young woman in a paradoxical Latin American metropolitan area within the atypical borders of the developing country known as Chile". Instead, I have been leaning more towards sharing my personal viewpoints in regards to past and present conditions in the world.

Although at times, my opinions do pertain to sharing my experiences from my point of view (obviously), I think that recently it has prevented me from giving you an un-biased idea of what it is like to live here in general. I have been so intent on sharing my personal convictions about things like war and people in power that I haven´t been able to share other things, particularly Chile. So I am going to try to return to sharing accounts of the things that I do in a percentage that outweighs my personal (and very strong, at times) opinions.

However, it is my blog so I reserve the right to submit you to reading some of my frustrations. Sorry. But if there is ever a time when you don´t like what I say (or vice versa) then I invite you to post a comment, which you can do by clicking on the button below that says "0 comments". This blog does not have to be one-sided... if you so choose.

Although I am learning a great deal every day while living life down here in the skinny country, I might be able to learn a lot more if you were to put me in my place (like my mom and dad like to do- I know I have let way too much of my opinion squirm its way into this blog when even my mom starts looking up historical facts in order to support a rebuttal!)

Whew! Now that I got that out... over 10,000 people gathered in front of La Moneda, a government building in Santiago, on Sunday to welcome Nícolaus Massú and Fernando González (Chile´s tennis gold medalists)! I wasn´t in town to celebrate, but I saw it on TV on Sunday, last night in the bus station, and this morning on the news. Chile is so small that things like this stay in the news for at least three or four days. I am sure that after the three day celebration of Chile´s independence day, the news will be full of stories of how good the parties were for the next week....