Saturday, August 28, 2004

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

So I didn´t go out last night just like I had planned- instead the party came in...

After a Rotary meeting with the young club (that is in the middle of re-structuring and forming Sister Club bonds with Adrien´s club in Jacksonville), five of the Rotarians came to my place for what was supposed to be pre-game before they were supposed to go out to listen to music. Instead, pre-game turned into the SuperBowl and before I knew it, it was almost 5 am and they were just leaving!

I woke up this morning on the account of an earthquake (!) and decided to come to the Casa Central of my uni(versity) to use Internet for free.

Today´s schedule-

Internet til my class at the gym at 12:30. Go home and shower! Maybe a meeting with this Doctor who heads up an organization for children with metabolic disorders (service project that the young club is working on). Dinner at Natalia´s house (tacos!) to watch Farenheit 9/11 with the Rotary Scholars and Louis (Natalia´s dad)- I am sure a strong debate will follow!

Speaking of Rotary Scholars- we had a pow-wow yesterday and are working on putting together a newsletter to send to the Rotary Clubs in the States as well as one in Spanish for the clubs here. We are planning on building a media-agua (the style of housing that I built earlier in the year) as a group project. And at the end of next semester, they are going to help me with my project of collecting stuff from exchange students in order to donate it all to people in need. It will be a busy semester indeed....