Sunday, December 19, 2004

Merry Birthday, Happy Christmas

Last night we celebrated Natalia´s birthday at her parent´s restaurant. It was a big bash with lots of food, friends, family, and fun. Unfortunately I won´t be in Santiago on the 28th to help her celebrate the real date, but I guess that means that I´ll just have to come back to Chile in a few years to help her celebrate a different birthday. Maybe the 25th? Hahaha. Happy birthday Nati- I love ya lots!

Well it´s Christmas time and I´ve hardly even noticed- until today. I went downtown to the train station (which happens to be next to an outdoor mall) in order to buy my ticket to go down south and was inundated by the crowds of people doing their Christmas shopping. It was fun doing some people watching and a bit of window shopping myself.

It´s kind of funny seeing a huge decorated Christmas tree next to a big fountain with kids playing in the water. It is summertime here, you know?