Monday, May 03, 2004

Last Week

So I have been blogging like my brother (which means that I haven´t been blogging at all). But I am still alive down here in Santiago, so don´t worry too much.

Thursday Night

Earthquake! Yes, we had an earthquake in Santiago that measured 4.something on the richtor scale (is that how richtor is spelles?). I felt it, but didn´t remember feeling it until someone asked me the next day if I had felt it. I have been told that Chile usually has a pretty big earthquake about every fifteen years and the last one was in the late 80`s, sooooo.... we are about due. Hopefully the cycle won`t continue while I am still in Chile.

Friday Night Rotary Meeting

I went to the meeting of the club known as "The Young Club" (because the average age of the members is under 35, while as the other clubs in Santiago average about 60). Young people, good ideas, plus the drive to actually get things done. What I really like about this club (besides the fact that they are not the same age as my grandparents) is that due to their youth, and lack of funds, they like to actually do things in the community rather than just donate money so that other people can do things (which I am not complaining about either, because this is the form in which the Rotary Foundation can give me my scholarhsip to be here). So next weekend, they are putting on a Bingo fundraiser and all of us Scholars are going. I hope I win the TV...

After the meeting, Adrien and I went with six of the Rotarians to a house on the beach for the weekend. We did a whole lot of nothing but eat, drink, and some sleep. It was fun. But I am tired now, and have a lot of work to do on a Power Point presentation for my intercultural health class, so I can`t really expound more on what else I have been doing in my life. Until next time......