Saturday, October 02, 2004

Week Wrap-Up

I don´t know what happened to this week. Heck, I don´t know what happened to September. But they both finished WAY too quickly. If the time keeps on passing like this, I will be back in Reno way too soon.

Wednesday was my roomates birthday- that morning at 12:05 I gave him a bottle of tequila (that we later put to use on Thursday night to celebrate). Wednesday evening, I made a good Mexican feast of avocado salad, beans, rice, chicken, and arroz con leche (rice pudding) that we enjoyed with the good company of a few friends.

Yesterday, the Rotary Scholars had a meeting with the new district governor in order to talk about the time that remains for us and his next year. He was very impressed with the newsletter that I designed and was written by everyone about our experiences here so far.

Last night, I went to the meeting of the currently forming young Rotary club. I am helping them with their project of providing treatment for children with metabolic disorders and we have a lot of work to do...

Tonight, we are going out to Valparaíso, a city on the coast, in order to meet two Rotary Scholars that are studying out there. Sunday, there is a centenial celebration for Rotary that is being hosted by the oldest Rotary club in Chile. It should be nice.

But before anything fun, I need to do some research for my political ethics class. So, I´m off to the books (well, I guess not literally since all of my research can be done online...).