Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I had a dream....

I went to sleep last night after watching CNN until 3am and had a really good dream...only to wake up today and find that it hasn´t come true. Back to reality. Back to Chile, Santiago, school, Rotary, and all the amazing things things that I am able to enjoy here. Wait? Am I still dreaming? Apparently not. I am incredibly lucky to be here and although things didn´t "swing" the way I had hoped- that doesn´t mean that there isn´t any hope.

Things I hope for-
That in four years, even more young Americans will turn out to vote.
That the situation in Iraq will eventually result with the conservation of beautiful culture and opportunity for those that right now have none.
That I get a good grade on my finance project because I really need it!
That through open communication and a bit more understanding the world and common person will understand a bit more about why leaders choose to fight, yet still have the drive to find peace.

And so many more things- but it would take me a million years to write all my hopes down. And I have to go- I am on my way to my weekly Rotary meeting. I hope I get there on time. :-)