Sunday, November 28, 2004

So Much to Say

I have done so much in the past five days that I don´t know where to start. As of right now, I am in Arica, the border city in the north of Chile right next to Peru and very close to Bolivia. I´m staying the house of a Rotary couple and last night I went out with some Rotaract kids here.

Sandboarding the other night was cool- its a lot different that snowboarding because you have to crouch down more, put most of your weight on your back foot, and drag your hand behind you in the sand. It was fun but I definitely went to bed that night beat and FULL of sand EVERYWHERE.


The view while sandboarding at midnight

On Saturday I went on a tour of the region and visited several lakes as well as a salt lake and a few small towns.


Lake Chaxa


Flamingos in the Salt Lakes of San Pedro

Tomorrow I leave for Iquique but will only be there for the day. I am hoping to paraglide over the city since I won´t really have time to go exploring in depth.