Thursday, November 18, 2004

What excitement?

Besides a few protesting incidents downtown and tear gas thrown by the police, there haven´t been too many APEC troubles. Of course, the conference hasn´t even started yet...

It is kind of funny because my friend Adrien is quite radical and hung signs saying "Fuera Bush" and "Gringos Against Bush" outside of her apartment window- which faces directly into the police station where protestors are being brought in handcuffs. What a way to fuel the fire.

Tomorrow is the scheduled march and yours truly will be there to experience it first hand- I need accounts and picture for a few news article that I will be writing. Good thing I live close enough so I can flee the scene if things get out of hand. I don´t really feel like being deported for contributing to civil disobedience.