Thursday, December 30, 2004

That Was Fun.

I had a good past three days in a boat heading towards the southern end of Chile. The second night was a bit rocky but I had no problem with sea sickness so that was great.

In general it was a great learning experience (ha- what time here hasn´t been?). I talked to some amazing people and really ended up clicking with a few. One of the first few people I met was a Chilean from Puerto Natales, the port town where I have just arrived. He´s going to take me around on a tour a bit later of the outlying areas and if we have time we´ll visit the ice age cave with remains of the great sloth that was discovered early last century. After meeting with some Rotarians, I´ll go to a BBQ with him and most likely out dancing but I´ll have to turn in early because I leave early tomorrow morning for my five day backpacking trip in Torres del Paine.

One revelation that I came to while contemplating on the empty deck early yesterday morning-

My life is one great journey that is just beginning.