Saturday, January 15, 2005

My Horoscope

"Slow Fades Are Worse Than Sudden Endings"

That is what my horoscope told me today. Tomorrow I will probably agree.

However, in the past few days I haven´t really been able to think much about the fact that I am leaving Chile on Sunday night. I have been too busy tying up lose ends with my apartment, writing cards to people, trying to sell my TV, paying bills, requesting school records, etc etc.

I just played in my final water polo game (we lost) and right now I am enjoying some down time drinking a coffee in Café Melba in Providencia where a friend works. But he isn´t working today so I won´t get to see him before I leave. :-(

This evening, I will be a guest at a Chilean wedding. What a good way to go out, huh? I should be dead tired tomorrow for my going away lunch in Santiago, where I am sure I will cry like a big baby and expend every last ounce of energy that I have. But that means that I should sleep like a baby on the airplane, so I´m ok with that.

It´s been a good year. Well, almost year. In two more weeks it would have been a year since I arrived on February 1st.

Time flies when you´re having fun.