Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Taking Care of Business

I just finished climbing a volcano. It was awesome. But it was playing with me- the sucker spewed up lava so high but it never let me get a good picture. My hands were freezing, my nose was running, my eyes and lungs were burning from the sulfuric gases, and I just couldn´t capture the image that I wanted. Oh what a person will go through to try and get a good picture...

I´m leaving the Lake District tonight and heading to Santiago on a bus. This will be my last long bus ride. Buuuu... :-( This weekend is bound to be looong yet very short. But that´s ok because I want it to hurry up and never end. :-) I´m leaving on Sunday night and will be back in So Cal sooner than I know it.

But what do I know?

I know that I still don´t consider myself fluent in Spanish; I know that this year flew by but that I enjoyed every minute of it (even the crappy parts...and yes there were quite a bit of those. I just didn´t blog too many of them); I know that I´m going to be very excited to see my family; I know that I will be very sad to leave my friends; I know that I am definitely planning on coming back within the next 8 years (it´s all part of the 10-year plan); I know that even though I´ve seen, learned, and done a lot this past year that I´ve still got a whole lot more to see, learn, and do in the future.

And well, the list can go on and on, but I don´t really have the time to do that. I need a shower. Badly. I´m surprised that you can´t smell me from there.... :-)