Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Women´s Health

So I think I have figured out what the women in Chile do to be so thin- they never exercise, don´t eat breakfast, eat ice cream for lunch, don´t snack, smoke a million cigarettes, and then eat a small dinner really late and say that they had a big lunch. Healthy diet, isn´t it? I am sure that the lifespan of Chileans can´t be very high- and lung cancer rate definitely has to be up there, too.

In my Intercultural Health class, I have to do some sort of study and I think I am going to study the health habits of young women in general and what their notions of "healthy" are. But since it is a group project, I have to find a group that is interested in studying the same thing, which may prove hard because I don´t know if Chileans are into identifying their own bad habits... I would say that more than half of the people in this class smoke- and they are all nursing majors!!