Thursday, June 03, 2004

Tourist Attraction

Here I am in Cusco, Peru and it is just as touristy as I had imagined. The plane ride here (which I almost slept through) was full of international people- there must have been about fifteen languages spoken on that plane. I think that at any given moment, the population here is made up of 50% foreigners.

But this is definitely going to be the most expensive week of my life. I haven`t ever just taken a straight vacation like this without any real purpose. If I would have come by myself, it would have been a lot less expensive because I wouldn`t be staying the place that I am at, amongst other things. But I didn`t really take part in the reservations aspect- I just showed up.

This week definitely won`t be lond enough for me- I will want to come back for sure. But I don`t know if I will be able to ever again- which makes all the money that I am throwing down worth it. What is a little credit card debt anyways?

Tomorrow I visit Machu Pichu- I am hoping to get some good photograps, which will be priceless. In the words of Mark`s friend- ¨They are just a bunch of rocks, but I guess they are pretty interesting.¨

SIDE NOTE-
Just read that the Laker`s will be in the playoffs- enjoy the games mom and dad!