Wednesday, May 12, 2004

What Luck

Sunday night I began my search for an apartment. I called and made appointments to see two places- one at 10 and one at 11:15. I arrived a few minutes before ten and couldn`t find the place- I could have sworn that the lady had told me the street number was 527, but there was no 527. Just when I was about to chalk it up to the typical Chilean business dealings, she showed up (the landlord- well, dueña, the person who owns the apartment).

She said she is punctual (wow!) and knew that I would be on time since I am from the US (which usually isn`t the case but all Chileans think that all North Americans are always on time only because they themselves NEVER are).

So we looked at the apartment and I LOVED it! It is a lot more expensive but it is furnished and has two bedrooms (so whoever comes to visit me can stay with me- and I will charge a lot less than a hotel or bed and breakfast! ;-) )

I have already moved in and am actually about to get a roomate for the month (Adrien) because she has had a lot of problems with her Chilean roomate. I had to buy a few things, like a skillet, spatula, strainer, sheets, etc., but it is all worth it to be happy and comfortable in the place that I am living.

And best of all- I have hot water now!