Thursday, May 20, 2004

My Other New Roomate

After a week of being in the new place and everything going well, I got another roomate- a mouse (rat- whatever. i don`t know which). I think it came in through the window because there was rat poop on the windowsill and outside of the window in the planter.

When I came home on Monday, Adrien was closed up in her room and told me that there was an animal in the house. I didn`t know what to think until I pulled the couch out and saw it shoot into the kitchen. That night, we slept with all of the windows and doors closed.

Last night, the dueña of my apartment sent two guys to come kill it, but they couldn`t find it. They moved all of the furniture and everything. But if it came in the window, then how did it get out? I guess I have to wait to see if more rat poop shows up to know if it is still here.

This Weekend

Going up north to Ovalle where my friends have a campo (not quite a farm, just land and some animals and stuff). Will report when I come back. I am probably going to freeze though because it has been pretty cold around here. And almost no houses have heat- especially in a campo.