Thursday, May 20, 2004

House Warming/Warning

Last night I had a house warming party. At first I thought that no one was going to come. Boy was I wrong. I had a full house! So full that the police came at about 2:00 am to tell me to be quiet. They wanted to take down my RUT number (identification number) but I told them that I just got here and didn´t have one. They wrote down my name and gave me a warning that I needed to respect my neighbors and be quiet. As it was a Wednesday night, they had reason to be bothered. Oops. What a way to start relations with the neighbors...

But back to the party- I had no music which automatically made it a gringa party. Claudio told me that he was going to bring me a radio at 9:30. Yeah, he showed up at almost midnight without any radio. Oh well. At least there was good conversation. And food. And beer. And wine. And whiskey. And pisco.

I got to bed at around 4 I think. Luckily I woke up in time to go to class and sign in. Now I have to pack for my trip. It is raining right now and the drive up to Ovalle is going to be loooong....