Sunday, July 18, 2004

SURPRISE!!

I love surprises.  Yesterday was a great day because it was full of them- I came home to so Cal in order to surprise my sister for her bachelorette party!  It was great fun...oh, and the party was too.
 
I got into California at noon yesterday and my mom and came to pick me up (she knew I was coming) with my niece who had no idea.  When Brittany saw me at the airport she started crying!  Later, when my brother-in-law saw me, he did a double-take and slammed on the brakes (he was driving).  My sisters Angelita and Dorie (the bride) didn't have very entertaining reactions- they were just kind of like "Hey- what are you doing here?".  But my sister Jessica, on the other hand, screamed when she saw me and the whole restaurant stared at us!  It was great.
 
So the bachelorette party started at PF Changs in LA and ended at some bar on Sunset Strip.  We played a dirty dare game all night and basically just acted really rowdy- my sisters and I are profesionals at that! 
 
Some things that I have taken special notice of/realized/learned since being home-
1.  Americans make a lot of small talk.
2. Alcohol is sooooo expensive.  (It's a good thing I brought back a few bottles with me.)
3. I love freeways (but I still haven't had to drive yet- thank goodness!)
4. I miss carbonated water.
5. I really don't miss fast food all that much. 
6. I am losing my English.
7. My mom is my #1 blog fan. (Thanks Mom.)
 
I think there will be a lot of other things that I notice during the next week that I am here.  So little time!