Saturday, July 31, 2004

Snow in August? School on Monday?

Being in the southern hemisphere offers me the awesome opportunity of hitting the slopes dirung the month of August. Did I take advantage of that tody? No. But my brother and father did and they told me it was less than optimal. Bummer for them...while they were suffering with bad equipment and worse snow, I was in Santiago enjoying the surprisingly warm weather and shopping with Mom. Not bad for a winter day in Chile, huh?

So now I am in the Internet place and I am supposed to be checking online to see if any of the resorts blow snow (Valle Nevado where they went today does not) in order to see if it is worth the trip tomorrow. I am just wasting time though, like always, to not have to do what it is that I should in order to do what it is that I don´t necessarily have to....

Anyways, I am very happy that I will be here for another five months and am definitely looking forward to this next semester. I hope to be very comfortable with my Spanish by the end of the December and am leaning towards fluency. I still haven´t picked my classes out yet (which officially start on Monday) but that is partly because there aren´t actually any spots open for exchange students in any that I am interested in (Ethics in Business, Painting, Water Colors, Accounting, Finance, Ethics in International Politics, to name a few). Because of this, I will have to petition the different departments in order to request a spot...what a pain. It would just be a lot easier for things to be handed to me on a silver platter....